The Divine Comedy Release Brand New Album June 7th
Lead Track ‘Queuejumper’ Out Now – Listen Here
11 Date UK & Ireland Tour Announced For October
Neil Hannon, one of the country’s foremost songwriters, releases a wonderful new Divine Comedy album ‘Office Politics’ on June 7th. It’s the follow-up to the acclaimed top ten 2016 album ‘Foreverland’.
“Office Politics” is a 16 track tour de force full of inventive, timeless music peopled with a typically irreverent cast of characters. “It has synthesizers. And songs about synthesizers,” Neil says. “But don’t panic. It also has guitars, orchestras, accordions, and songs about love and greed.” But ‘Office Politics’ central characters are the machines. Or ‘Infernal Machines’ as one track rages.
“I do try to make normal records,” Neil says with a smile. ”But it always seems to wander off into odd territories.” And for that we should be thankful.
The Divine Comedy will play the following UK and Ireland headline tour dates. Tickets on sale now.
Sun 6th Dublin, Bord Gais Energy Theatre
Mon 7th Belfast, Ulster Hall
Tue 8th Cork, Opera House
Thu 10th Glasgow, Old Fruitmarket
Fri 11th Birmingham, O2 Institute
Sat 12th Oxford, O2 Academy 1
Mon 14th Bristol, O2 Academy
Tue 15th Leeds, Metropolitan University (Leeds Beckett University)
Wed 16th Brighton, Dome
Thu 17th London, Eventim Apollo
Fri 18th Manchester, Albert Hall
PTO for full tracklisting:
‘Office Politics’ Tracklisting:
- Office Politics
- Norman And Norma
- Absolutely Obsolete
- Infernal Machines
- You’ll Never Work In This Town Again
- Psychological Evaluation
- The Synthesiser Service Centre Super Summer Sale
- The Life and Soul Of The Party
- A Feather In Your Cap
- I’m A Stranger Here
- Dark Days Are Here Again
- Philip And Steve’s Furniture Removal Company
- ‘Opportunity’ Knox
- After The Lord Mayor’s Show
- When The Working Day Is Done
The album was written, produced and arranged by Neil Hannon and recorded in Ireland and London. Additional guest vocals courtesy of Chris Difford, Cathy Davey & Pete Ruotolo.
Physical & Digital Release Format Info:
- 16 track ‘Office Politics’ album on 2 x heavyweight 180g vinyl in gatefold packaging.
- Limited Edition Coloured Vinyl LP. 16 track album on 2 x heavyweight 180g coloured vinyl in gatefold packaging
- Standard CD. 16 track ‘Office Politics’ album on 1 CD in gatefold packaging with 12 page booklet containing lyrics and credits.
- Limited Edition Deluxe CD. As per standard CD, with a second CD – ‘Swallows and Amazons – The Original Piano Demos.’ This 15 track album consists of Neil Hannon’s original demos for the stage musical adaptation of ‘Swallows and Amazons.’ The songs from the show have never before been released.
- 16 track ‘Office Politics’ album as per Standard CD
- Deluxe Digital. As per Deluxe CD – 1st Volume is the 16 track ‘Office Politics’ album, 2nd Volume is the 15 track ‘Swallows and Amazons – The Original Piano Demos’.