Entertainment e-Publicist / Radio Plugger / Public Relations Executive
MCD Productions is the leading promoter and provider of live music and entertainment events in Ireland.
Consistently ranked amongst the top 15 promoters in the world by the internationally renowned trade magazine Pollstar, MCD promotes events with capacities ranging from 200 to 80,000 across the island of Ireland. Promoting the best in homegrown talent, and working with a host of internationally renowned artists, MCD also promotes annual music festivals such as Longitude.
MCD Productions is currently inviting applications from passionate individuals who are determined to do great work in delivering exceptional campaigns to connect our customers and artists – resulting in sold-out venues and an unforgettable two hours of magic.
Working with MCD’s Promoters, Digital, Creative and Marketing teams, the position of Entertainment e-Publicist / Radio Plugger / Public Relations Executive exists as a pivotal support role in ensuring the effective and professional promotion of acts and artists across music, theatre, comedy, family attractions and exhibitions.
You will be responsible for PR/marketing campaigns, artist promotion and media relationships, as well as contributing to creative meetings and the entertainment proposition to deliver maximum coverage across different platforms.
This is a key and exciting position which is critical to everything that MCD promotes.
- Tour PR Activity – planning and implementing with emphasis on radio and digital
- Industry Liaison – working with labels, management and agents to deliver PR materials
- Media Releases – drafting, developing and distributing releases for announcements
- Pitching Interviews & Stories – to relevant media and creating stories to pitch
- Reporting – weekly PR reports of pipeline and confirmed activities
- National & Regional Promo Trips – planning regional and occasionally international trips
- Event Planning – planning tour launches, press conferences and media events
- Promotional Activity – drafting scripts and liaising with stations and production houses
- Digital Activity – working across channels to deliver online media – e-zines and social
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The creative, planning, implementation, strategy, management and assessment of public relations and marketing campaigns across all media for a wide range of musical, comedy, theatre, exhibition and family events
- Promotion of shows, events, acts, while ensuring maximum media exposure is achieved across campaigns for the purpose of advancing ticket sales
- Liaising with Media to optimise awareness across different channels – digital, broadcast (TV and radio), print, outdoor,
- Event communication including script writing and ensuring all information is correct at all times across company sites, databanks, media releases, newsletters,
- Leveraging on-line channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Tiktok and new digital developments
- Building of media relationships and awareness of medium changes within the market
You will support a dynamic team in delivering professional campaigns against ambitious timelines.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and a high level of creativity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Natural interpersonal and communicative abilities
- Strong organisation and project management skills/experience
- A qualification in PR (or a similar discipline) would be an advantage
- A proven track record in the development and delivery of integrated campaigns
- Digitally fluent across all online channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and new digital developments
- Experience in event promotion and/or public relations
- Strong time management and task prioritisation abilities
Applications please to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Friday 3rd March 2023
MCD Productions is an equal opportunities employer